Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Humber comes to Bangladesh



Work... One of the first and probably the ONLY post about work. 2 Humber faculty came to Dhaka to do a 5 day Train the Trainer program. Sheryn came to train the group of 10-12 core trainers on techniques to better facilitate training sessions.
And Jennifer(my boss in Canada) came to oversee all the project activities that Humber has been doing with BWCCI.

It was probably the busiest week I've had since I've been here. Not only were we busy with the Training session, but every night we were busy showing Jennifer and Sheryn around. Although I did get to do some stuff that I wouldn't have had a chance if they didn't come.





We went to Gazipur to visit someone's village. Ha... I even made it to the National Museum. That only took 4 months to get to! (honestly I like museums.. but this on... yeah I could have waited 6 months and not gone at all)







We went to Tangail, which is a village, 2 hours outside of Dhaka to watch some training and talk to some local women. It was one of the best experiences I've had in Bangladesh.





Oh and then Karina left me for over 2 weeks while she went to India for a wedding. Probably the longest two weeks since I've been here.
FYI riding a rickshaw alone is lonely.










Yeah I think the parasite must have affected my memory because I can't remember anything else. I am getting really bad at this blogging stuff. I have become lazy and I think pictures are better than my crappy writing!

No comments: