Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Alright I get it.. I haven't written in a while. Nepal update


Okay... So I have been a little busy and just haven't had time to write. Thanks to all of you who felt the need to point out that I was slacking. Thank you. *eyes roll*

ANYWAY!!!... Here is the condensed version. Since the end of October time has flown by. In the chaos that was November... I worked like crazy to get ready for Humber faculty, was passed over by the Bangladesh government for a visa, took a trip to Nepal, climbed Everest, helped with the Humber 5 day training program, went to visit two villages, took part in one seminar, fought off food poisoning, shopped and shopped and learned about fabrics, went to the National Museum, and finally got rid of my parasite!



Start with the most interesting... I went to Kathmandu, Nepal! So like I said before.. the Bangladesh government likes to take its time with things.. and my visa just wasn't on the priority list. Annoying as it was waiting for an extension... I should be happy that I didn't get it because I got an all expense paid trip to Nepal.




After literally causing a fist-fight between taxi drivers over who would get the fresh meat off the plane I made it to Thamel.. the tourist/backpackers hangout spot of town.

1st day spent getting my Bangladesh visa and playing(more like running away from) with the monkeys at the Monkey Temple.

2nd day was spent hunting for my Credit card that the Bank had decided to keep the day earlier.

3rd day I rented a car and driver (who doubled as my tour guide... like I was going to fork over another $40 for a tour guide!!! what a scam). He took me to Bhaktapur, an ancient Newari city and then up to Nagakort for a view of the Himalayans. Oh and early I almost got suckered into doing a fly by of Mount Everest for $130 US.
But come on.. Mt.Everest. Next time...

4th day - Spent at the airport as GMG is a SUCKY airline who have a horrible reputation for canceling fights as their aircrafts are not in "air worthy conditions" and inspectors are constantly taking them off scheduled flights. But do they tell you that noooooo.. They throw you in a hotel half an hour back into the city after you woke up early and got to the airport EXTRA early that morning! Original flight time. 12:15pm rescheduled flight time 7:00pm, re-rescheduled flight 9:30 pm, re-re-rescheduled flight time 11:45 pm, acutal flight time.... 11:49pm. Oh and by the way none of those were guaranteed to leave until 2 hours before the flight time as they weren't sure if an aircraft would reach the airport. FYI you might have to stay at HOTEL PRIME for the night .. compliments of GMG airline... FYI GMG.. Hotel Prime is waaaaaaay past its PRIME!.




That was a summed up version of Nepal. I really wish I had more time and money because after the craziness of Dhaka I really needed a vacation and the ZEN of Buddhists.


Hmmmm.. what else about Nepal?

Maybe after I read my journal I will find some more interesting stories... or maybe not.





Well I did get some Cool Photos!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had quite the adventure. I thought you got the extension on your visa!

Michelle said...

well it sounds like you actually had fun beside the flight. and wow you actually started doing work thats good! and i am glad you werent there when the cyclone hit. well i guess i will go start studying for my final tomorrow....

Anonymous said...

Too bad about not enough money or time in Nepal, but the purpose of the trip was your visa extension which you got. Good!! You've really been seeing some beautiful countries and wildlife. Did you not have a banana for the monkeys?? Glad the parasite is gone too!! (hopefully). Have fun and take care. Love Mom

Happy Feet said...

How dare you leave me in Dhaka and try to climb Everest....

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley, what it be homes?